holding celotex in place before putting plasterboard on pitc

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if this should be here or building, but as it involves plasterboard, I am sure you guys will have a useful answer.

Starting to put the house back together after the dry rot issue and removal of the old lathe and plaster ceiling.

Part of the room has a pitched ceiling formed by the roof rafters. Thanks to some previous advice on here, I have insulated between the rafters (ensuring thatthere is a suitable minimum air gap to keep the coold airspace) and will be putting insulation across the rafters to stop the thermal bridging and save some energy.

But the question is is there and easy way to keep the celotex on the pitched roof prior to fitting the plasterboard?

Sponsored Links
Not worried about the insulation between rafters - done that as you say nice and tight. Its the insulation under the rafters I want temporay fixing until I fix the plasterboard under that.

Sponsored Links
I had figured it that drywall screws and washers would work, but just wondered if there was a better trick. Thanks for the help and suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back