Hole in external wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how to fill up the external wall hole.

I can't remember what was removed here and why, but I've been left with this hole to fill.

Does anybody have any ideas on best ideas for this?

Attachments

• 20240519_155605.jpg
    20240519_155605.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240519_155558.jpg
    20240519_155558.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
You need to remove and disconnect that cable first of all. Externally for a professional finish you need to get some matching bricks, remove the damaged ones and replace with full bricks. Internally you could just get a tin of expanding foam and fill the void with it then plaster skim over it.

Thanks for replies. My only thought was filling the gap with expanding foam, and steel wool and then putting a false vent on the outside to cover the gap but sounds like I'm going to have to do it properly

Sponsored Links
The foam and face plate should work. UV light will make the foam turn orange and become brittle, but a false vent will prevent the UV light hitting the foam.

Not the correct way to do it but...

Spray a mist of water on the external brickwork/hole, it will help to dislodge dust and improve adhesion (and curing times).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back