holes in my tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bathroom in the house I have just moved in to is fully tiled, presumably with the towel rail, shelf and cabinet drilled into the tiles. I want to revamp the bathroom and change the accessories. If I remove them I will be left with holes in the tiles. What is the best way to disguise these holes without re-tiling. All ideas gratefully received :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sponsored Links
I had similar situation, but I was lucky enough to match the tiles. If you can match the tiles, its possible to break out the old tile & replace. Depending on how many holes etc, you could consider breaking out the tiles with holes & replacing & adding a different tile, you can fill the tile with Polyfilla & paint, use transfers. I certain that you will get other ideas

Thank you diyisfun, I think I have been left some spare tiles so I'll probably use them, how easy is it to take a tile off the wall and replace. Is there a good method to use?

The method I used was, with a small hammer tap the MIDDLE of the tile to be removed, it will eventually break & using a small chisel I removed the broken parts. THen using a paint scraper cleaned the wall & the edges of the remaining tiles. I replaced about 10 tiles this way. Takes time but I was pleased with the job.
By the way I re-grouted the whole room after, but you may not need to do that. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
before you start removing any tiles work out with your new fixings which tiles will be coverd and you wont have to change them all only the ones with holes that show so you will probably only have to replace half the tiles

And don't forget goggles or better still a full face visor when breaking them. The shards are lethal little bu**ers.

Thank you all for your advice, I'll have a go after Christmas and keep you posted! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back