Holiday Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been on holiday where I found this in a kitchen cupboard. OK it's in Portugal but I thought you might like to see the photo.

The white cable is plugged into a socket outlet and feeds a fixed water heater. Someone has cut into it to connect the L & N but not the earth (probably because the terminal was too small) of the black cable that supplies an old metal cooker hood, hence the duct in the corner of the pic. The terminals are just lying on the bottom of the cupboard uninsulated.

I mentioned it at the reception, but the receptionist was puzzled and couldn't understand why "because it's working isn't it" I told him I didn't know and wasn't going to use it to find out.

Just wondered wether I should report it to the UK company that rented me the apartment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back