home made vacuum former

Adam, any chance of a linky re your network DVD player? I like the sound of that. How exactly does it work, can you use it to access your mp3s/wmas and still be busy on the computer?

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
kendor said:
Don't let NASA hear about it otherwise they might ask you to computate their next mission to Mars :)

Kendor, you are a genius! 50% of all Mars probes have failed, and now we know why: it is because NASA has been asking amateurs to compute their missions :LOL:
mind you NASA seem to have better luck than the european agency regards that ;)
Did you contribute to the number crunching for the Seti Project?

AdamW said:
I also use it for media storage (I have all my CDs and DVDs recompressed and on there, and can access them from the network-enabled DVD player in the living room).
Remember when you were happy that no one had danced on your latest vinyl acquisition after taking it to ye mates party ?

kendor said:
Did you contribute to the number crunching for the Seti Project?

Not doing it at the moment, I should really.

Adam, any chance of a linky re your network DVD player? I like the sound of that. How exactly does it work, can you use it to access your mp3s/wmas and still be busy on the computer?

I have the "KiSS DP-500". It plays MP3s, MPEG video (1,2 and 4 including all the DivX, XViD type things) and JPEG pictures. See here for the newer updated version (the 1500). All of that either off a disc or from your computer over the network. Also connects to the internet and gets all the "Shoutcast" web-radio stations.

You load a piece of software on the computer and point to the directory where the files are. The software just sits in the background so you can do whatever on the PC and still use the DVD player. They also make them with built-in HDDs in addition to the ethernet, so you can load 80gb of media into the DVD player itself.

I have heard there are similar things on the market, but not sure if anyone else makes one with ethernet. It is a very cool thing to have your whole DVD and CD collection plus things you have recorded off TV all at your fingertips!:cool:

Sponsored Links
Scoby_Beasley said:
Remember when you were happy that no one had danced on your latest vinyl acquisition after taking it to ye mates party ?

Now you have to hope they don't spill their drink on your iPod :LOL:

lord nicon21 said:
iPod are a rip off
seems the generation of today(seemed less condescending than saying "young generation" and i may have hurt PIP's feelings also ;) ) are more fashion concious than worry about quality.

kendor said:
lord nicon21 said:
iPod are a rip off
seems the generation of today(seemed less condescending than saying "young generation" and i may have hurt PIP's feelings also ;) ) are more fashion concious than worry about quality.

yeah you mean the stupid. i mean there is sooo much better out there and you pay less

Hey I don't have an iPod, I have a Sony Vaio Portable Media Player... far superior :D Plays mp3's as well as the Sony proprietary formats, and has that other advantage... it isn't made by Apple.

Sure, the sound quality of the raw data is less than that of a CD, but due to the higher-quality circuitry inside, the sound quality of my Sony is better than that of a less-thoroughbred personal CD player. And faaaaar better than vinyl anyday (Adam ducks to avoid the torrent of abuse from the over-40s!) :LOL:

lol yeah anything that is't made by Apple is better.

they can't really make anything other than cases for stuff that make people go oooo cool must buy that :rolleyes:

The new Mac Mini is a case in point. When I first saw it, and the price (£339) I thought "Oooh, very little computer, looks nice, tempting!". So I went on the Apple store, and tried configuring one to be half useful (including such frivolous extras as a keyboard and mouse!)... £829 + monitor.

So, what if I ordered one with the lowest useable specification, just to use as a living-room PC, on my existing TV? £479. And due to the 40GB hard-drive it would still have to access my Windows PC to get hold of all the stuff it would be playing in my living room. Hmmmm... Why don't I just take £500 and do something more useful with it... like wipe my bottom on it? :LOL:

A mate of mine queued outside the Regent Street Apple Store to buy one on the first day. He likes it (he just uses it for surfing), but I think to me it would forever seem like an overpriced toy.

Sponsored Links
Back