Homeless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would you do if you were made homeless for whatever reason, marital breakdown loss of job or illness meaning that you cannot pay your rent or mortage, no help from friends or the council and faced with the stark choice of cardboard city or spending your nights on a town or city park bench, serious answers please.

Sponsored Links
ur local council will have a homeless team, who may be able to provide board for u, but that is usually in the way of a hostel, not sure if this i dependent on age though!!

they also help u to register with a housing association, so u can find affordable housing, also the CAB will support u in claiming benefits if u are eligible, especially housing benefit which could help u to rent in the private sector.

every need is individual, so u will be assessed to see wat help/support was available to u

Sponsored Links
Is this thread in light of that Panarama doc last night on TV?
If so, me and the mrs briefly discussed the same dilemma whilst watching it.
Luckily for us we'd be ok, as we have relatives to go to. My mum is living in a big 5 bed house on her own, so no problems there.
But we share utter sympathy for the people that don't have resources to fall back on for support. So much so that it depressed us both and we turned the tv off (seriously)

Once more immigration is the cause of the problem.

What was shocking was the Woman that had her House Repossessed by the Bank because she owed £9k on a house worth £104k because she was ill and couldnt pay the interest.
What are Banks for if they cant help their clients, she had adaquate equity in the property

Why didn't she take in a lodger?

Or downsize?

Claim incapacity benefit?

The mortgage would have been about £15 per MONTH

Why didn't she take in a lodger?

Or downsize?

Claim incapacity benefit?

The mortgage would have been about £15 per MONTH

Downsize, The Housing Market is stagnant, (she went back to the House months later, nothing had changed since the Baliffs had put new locks on the doors)

If she was already claiming benefit because of her Illness (Cancer) would she still have been allowed to take in a lodger, would the Bank that financed the Mortgage allow her to rent out part of the property ?

We are talking the price of a packet of fags a FORTNIGHT.

Sounds like a load of cobblers to me.

Was she fat? Did she smoke or drive? Could you save a fiver a week?

Some places in Spain have been telling the bank to naff off, on repossesiones the local coucils have been threatening to pull the plug on them if they go ahead ,It seem's to have worked.I t just takes some people to have the ball's

We are talking the price of a packet of fags a FORTNIGHT.
Could you save a fiver a week?

What costs the price of a packet of fags a fortnight joe ? Surely not the interest on a £100,000 mortgage. (think you'll find it's a bit higher than that.

Sponsored Links
Back