Honda lawnmower blade brake dis-assembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, first post so please bear with me.
I have purchased a second hand Honda HRB536c lawnmower and unfortunately it seems the blade brake clutch is slipping. After a lot of effort I have managed to removed the blade but cannot remove the blade brake assembly. It looks to be held on by a single bolt onto the engine drive shaft. I am about to remove the top of the engine to try to stop the shaft turning in order to remove this single bolt. Anybody have any better ideas on removing this bolt and maybe more information on this blade brake clutch assembly?
I know many people will say use an impact wrench, however I do not have one or a compressor.
Out of interest for this sort of application is there any recommendations for a small cheap compressor? (hp, psi, bar required)

Sponsored Links
On the mower problem, I suggest looking for a manual to help with this, perhaps on line.

In my view, a compressor is one of the most useful pieces of equipment you can have. You need to start by deciding on the tool(s) you are most likely to want to use, and note the typical air consumption of the most hungry. Compressors are often specified in terms of the displacement capacity (usually in cubic feet per minute). You need to look for the free air delivered figure in the specification, which will be lower, to see if the compressor is suitable for your needs. Something like this could be a good place to start.

I have one like this, and it's made a huge difference to my mechanical repair work. One day, I'll try to afford a bigger and better one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back