honda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got or had a honda car ?

The reason i ask is i've got a civic typr R 2 year old which I bought from a honda dealers 6 months ago it's got 1 year left on the warranty.
Anyway in the owner's manual it says there's a break wear indicators, the first thing what pop into my mind is, oh there must be a light/sound which comes on when your brakes are getting low. Reading a bit more it says ( The front disc brakes on all models have a audible brake wear indicators. ) then it says ( When the brake pads need replacing you will hear a distinctive metallic " screeching " sound when you apply the brakes ).

I got that sound today for the first time, having cars in the past i knew it was the brake pads. So i had a quick look, to my horror the drivers side disc was all scored but the other side was fine.

What I would like to know is can I go back to honda and ask them to replace the disc and maybe the pads as well ( pads are low ) bearing in mind it was the first time I'd heard the screeching as they put it, and only had the car 6 months.

thanks ps forgot to say i can hear the screeching when pulling away more so.

PS mods can you leave it in general discussions please. cheers.

Sorry but its too much of a car question, so I have moved it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Brake pads should be checked, and advised if need changing, but not a routine service change item

hopefully honda out of grace will replace. But some dealers are shocking so get what u can and fast as dont want your discs to be fully knackered.

Just get some pads bought and bang them in yourself, easy peasy if ur pretty handy.

PS. heres my honda. :cool: the K20 is an awsome engine

:D

04112006299.jpg

noseall said:
nice car, but somebody has painted the bonnet the wrong colour.

pmsl. THE quest for lightness is more important than looks my friend
;)

Sponsored Links
Back