Honeywell 3 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just turned on the boiler after the summer and the 3 point is delivering to CH whichever stat is calling for heat. No water diverted to hot water cylinder.

Think I had this before in the autumn and the plumber just released off a jammed valve (though of course I've forgotten how)

But I've also tried the manual switch. Whether the power is on, or off, it just slides across with no resistance, so does this imply a broken motor?

Sponsored Links
Just push the slider on the end over a few times, it should spring back.

Sponsored Links
Took the unit off - the valve was turning freely. But then put a screwdriver into the hole in the unit the valve slots into and that was locked up. Freed it off, re-assembled and bingo.

All working now. Thanks everyone.[/u]

Hope you turned power off before poking screwdriver into actuator head.
With both HW and CH off the 'grey' wire remains 'live'

Yup - at least I assume so!

There's a master switch downstairs next to the heating/hot water timer which I've always assumed turns off everything (boiler power, 3 port valve, pump etc).

Anyway, no sudden flash; no stopped heartbeat; no tripping of consumer unit - so seems to be OK!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back