Honeywell 40003916-01 Mechanical install.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a sore head trying to figure out why this won't fit?
Hopefully someone out there knows something.
I bought this unit as a straight replacement. Take one off put the other on, simple. No...
For some reason the slot doesn't line up properly with the valve.
Are there different styles i didn't know about albeit there both the same number.
When the new in is fitted it only springs back a short way. The valve moves freely without the actuated fitted. Grrrrrrrr
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Ill have to check that tomorrow as i left it at work.
Is it different if it has

Sponsored Links
It is necessary sometimes to move the manual lever over to align the spindle with the slot in the powerhead. The head you've got should fit the 2 port body. If you managed to remove it then it should be compatible.

I did get this back on but had to rotate the valve to line up with the actuator. now when i release the spring from manual it only closed by about a third?

I think this was down to lack of experance. I now believe the spring iy moves back partially and was fitted cirrectly first time around. :oops:
Now to re wire. Any tips?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back