Honeywell AG6 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ADE Gen4 alarm with a Honeywell AG6 sounder & strobe. (Self installed)

Last night while in the house the AG6 sounded. Inputting the 4 digit code didn't stop it. I ended up removing the fuse from the electrical supply and removing the battery.

Four hours later (midnight) (no electrical supply or battery connected) it started again so I removed the wires from the AG6 into the Gen4. This didn't stop the sound (it stopped and started every few minutes and sounded like a crackling noise) so I ended up climbing up a ladder and removing the box from the wall.

The box is now in the house so has been disconnected for over ten hours, but LED 2 is still lit.

Talking to someone from ADE technical support this morning they told me it was a fault in the tamper circuit but I'm not to sure.

Would appreciate any help and advice on fixing the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Do you have a multimeter in order to check continuity/resistance/voltage etc..?

Possible problem with tamper circuit in bell box ?
How old is the bell box ?
Is there any water damage on or behind pcb in bell box ?
For £20 you can get a new bell box.Sometimes not worth the hassle with a silly o'clock ,just replace with new bell box(pyronix delta bell)

Sponsored Links
Bell box was bought last February along with full alarm system for a new build. It was put on the wall last August, but the system has only been wired up and live for four weeks. No sign of water damage.

Was the battery in the bell box connected in august and left without power until 4 weeks ago ?

The tamper switch on these bell boxes are rubbish , as it's a back / front tamper switch in one it must be on a flat surface ( not on a mortar joint ) and securely screwed in all 4 corners .
Been to loads of these with tamper issues , refix the bell box as before then try to flex the bellbox by hand to see if it activates the tamper ......

Box is on a flat surface (K rend).

Any ideas why LED 2 took over 24 hours to switch off (go out) ?

Am I able to disable the tamper switch on the bell box and if yes how? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back