Honeywell BATHROOM HEATER installation questions please.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Just got a Honeywell 1.8Kw Bathroom Heater. Pictures of this attached.
I have never installed one of these and it says that I need to install/hardwire into a 13amp spur.
Now...as per the pic..this has 2 blue wires and the earth. If I wanted to connect a cable with a plug on the end, which wires go into which 2 blue neutral wires..in other words..where does the live from the plug go into which blue wire??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
have you got the manufacturer's instructions? If not, then using the model/type number you should be able to download from their website.

BTW unless you have an extremely large bathroom, you mustn't use a plug and socket.

Hi ..yes I do but they are next to useless. it only says it must be hard wired with the mains electricity via a 13A spur....thats it!! So, I am on here trying to get some more info.
As for the bathroom, then yes it is large, so could you tell me the correct wiring if possible as per the original post? Thanks immensely if you can. :)

sorry I don't know. I would have had a look at the instrs. As it has an earth it may matter, especially as it looks to have a switch. Blue is sometimes used for low voltage controls but presumably not here.

sometimes there is N and L moulded into the casing or a diagram inside the cover

Sponsored Links
Hi ..yes I do but they are next to useless. it only says it must be hard wired with the mains electricity via a 13A spur....thats it!! So, I am on here trying to get some more info.
As for the bathroom, then yes it is large, so could you tell me the correct wiring if possible as per the original post? Thanks immensely if you can. :)

You don't just need a big bathroom; you have to consider how near the heater and socket/fused spur is to the bath or shower.

I'm assuming the wiring inside the fan hasn't been altered, as is as it should be.
The connector block shows you where the mains wiring goes to by the writing L, N and the Earth symbol.

For a bathroom, you would be better off fitting an unswitched fused spur for the heater.
Or, better still perhaps, a switched fused spur outside the bathroom, controlling a flex outlet.

As mentioned, make sure this is all in the safe zones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back