Honeywell Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a honeywell boiler L641A1005 which doesn't seem to have any water in it.
I have checked the cistern/watertank in the attic and it doesn't seem to be at a high enough level to allow water to reach the pipe, so it is not flowing into the boiler. The cockstop in the tank in the attic does not refill it.
Could this be the problem?
Does anyone know what the problem is?,
can the boiler be refilled without having to refill the tank in the attic?

Sponsored Links
A honeywell boiler? Are you sure?

honeywell boiler L641A1005

Thats a cylinder thermostat like this

images

I think you are saying that your "hot water cylinder" has no water in it.

How many tanks are in the loft?

Let us know that for starters.

yes it is a honeywell. it has that cylinder thermostat.

It has the same water tank in the attic as the one in the picture with the tank on top of the boiler but it is in the attic not above it.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46536

There is a big tank and a small tank in the attic.

The hot water has stopped running aswell but the cold water is fine.

Thanks

I have a honeywell boiler L641A1005 which doesn't seem to have any water in it.
As Scatmanjohn said, that is not a Honeywell boiler; it is a hot water cylinder with a Honeywell Thermostat attached to the side by a stretchy wire round thr cylinder. The boiler is the big box, often in the kitchen, which heats the water, usually by gas.

I have checked the cistern/watertank in the attic and it doesn't seem to be at a high enough level to allow water to reach the pipe, so it is not flowing into the boiler.
You say you have two tanks in the loft. The small one, the F/E tank, is used to keep the water in the radiators topped up. The large one, Cold Water tank, serves two purposes: (1) providing cold water to the taps on the wash-basins and bath and to the toilet cisterns; (2) replacing the hot water in the cylinder as it gets used up.

The cold water tank will have two pipes at high level: (1) the feed, with a ball valve; and the overflow. There will be one or more pipes at low level which provide the feed to the taps and HW cylinder.

The cockstop in the tank in the attic does not refill it.
I assume you mean that you have a stopcock on the feed pipe near the ball valve.
The Cold water tank should fill up when you press down on the ball valve. If this is not happening, either the stopcock is not opening or you have a blockage in the pipe from the main cold water stopcock, usually under the sink in the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
if the pipe is blocked would that mean having to unscrew every pipe and check for a blockage

We need more info.

Has this just suddenly happened?....have you just moved in to a new house?

An airlock is the most likely cause IMHO ;)

this did just suddenly happen. the hot water just stopped coming out of the tap.

I haven'y just moved in. i have been here about 1 year

Could just be the ball valve stuck up/closed on the large cold water storage tank.

Here is a diagram which, hopefully will explain how the Hot Water supply works ;) (Click on the image to enlarge it)

If there is no water in the CW Tank, then either the ball valve or the cold water supply pipe is blocked.

If there is water in the CW tank, but you are getting no Hot water from the taps, then the Cold feed to the HW cylinder must be blocked or there is a valve on the pipe which has been turned off accidentally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back