Honeywell CM927 wireless range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know the wireless range of a CM927? Where I'm thinking of siting one will be about 5 - 6 metres from the receiver, and the signal will have to go through a double skinned (ie normal brick cavity) wall. This is because I'm thinking of putting the stat into our living room, which is in our extension. The original gable end wall (pre-extension) separates the extension area from the rest of the house, so the signal would have to also pass through that.

Before I spend money on one of these, does anyone know whether I'm likely to encouter problems?

Sponsored Links
It is not so much the range, as what the signal has to go trough.
If you have any worries about the signal, get a siemens rev24rf, I've used them in reinforced concrete houses.

Does anyone know the wireless range of a CM927?
Where I'm thinking of siting one will be about 5 - 6 metres from the receiver, and the signal will have to go through a double skinned (ie normal brick cavity) wall.
Honeywell quote 30 metres in the open air. I wouldn't have thought a cavity wall would attenuate the signal by 80%.

Tell the shop your problem and say that you will test it and if it is not suitable you will be returning it. (That way you are covered under Sale of Goods Act as the programmer would not be "fit for purpose".)

Testing is just a case of fitting a lead with a 13a plug on one end to the receiver's L and N terminals and then following the RF Communication Check Instructions in the Installation Manual. This allows you to try various locations for the receiver and control unit.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted loads of these mate in all sorts of locations. Garages, lofts ,cellars etc and not had a single problem with dropped signals.

They're excellent programmers, have one myself.

Only place I wouldn't install an RF programmer is in metal framed houses that are round my way, they're better of done with a hard wired set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back