Honeywell G2-20 blank panel and dead pirs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can help. Had some building work done and I had to reposition a movement sensor. This involved routing a new cable under floors etc. I tried not to have any bare wire of the 6 core cable exposed but I think I may have inadvertently caused a prolonged short circuit between some of the wires. Now the mx7 panel is dead and all the movement sensors have no lights on. I tried disconnectimg the power and the battery but no change. The system emits a low beep intermittently and none of the fuses seem to have blown. Have I fried something? Any ideas what is likely to have happenned. Thanks in advance. Steven

Sponsored Links
" and none of the fuses seem to have blown." How do you know this, looking at a fuse is not the way to find out if blown or not?

By the way, the fuses HAVE blown.

Thanks Europlex, I was knackered and puzzled when I tried to fix things last night. But I resolved to ACTUALLY CHECK the fuses with a small meter on getting back from work this evening and yes one had blown. Looking at it the wire seems to be fully intact so thank you , you were spot on. Feel a little dumb for posting now, but seems like a great forum. Steven

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry so much, you can see if you search on here you not the first, and you wont be the last.

It is more likely that you blow the fuse than knacker the panel, unless you are inside the panel and you short components out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back