Honeywell Galaxy Ethernet Problem Comm Fail Com 4 running with SelfMon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Am hoping that someone can help me to get to the bottom of an issue with my Honeywell Galaxy 96 G3 V6.5 Alarm.

The panel has a E080-10 ethernet module V4.14, However every time i connect this module everything works however he alarm repeatedly goes into "Comm Fail Com 4" alarm and beeps loudly all night until I give in a disconnect it.

I did read up on this forum last night and found a post that said this was a known issue with G3 panels, and that migrating to SelfMon should get around this.

Last night I signed up to SelfMon and went through the setup instructions for G3 and E080, I can connect to the alarm via my mobile from the home wifi and externally via a VPN, and can send and receive engineer test messages just fine, however the Comm Fail Com 4 alarm continues to sound.

Help, What am I missing?

Sponsored Links
Have you ensured that heartbeat is set to 0? Your panel firmware is quite old and should being brought up to 7.04.

Thank you for the quick reply gents, I will check the heartbeat tonight and confirm,

GalaxyGuy is there a simple way to get the panel firmware upgraded is this something i can do myself? or will I have to engage the services of a professional?

Sponsored Links
You can upgrade with either SPI key or RS232 lead. You can store the config to the key and restore after upgrade, as the upgrade defaults the settings. If you're on selfmon, pm me and I'll lend you a key to upgrade.

Appreciate that offer GalaxyGuy! I am indeed on SelfMon and am very impressed with the service! Will be in touch shortly via PM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back