honeywell galaxy g2-44

Thanks for the reply's I am not trying to do someone out of a job (being in the AV programming industry) I was interested to find out if the unit could be integrated with a Crestron system in a controlled environment rather than attached to a customer's system where the engineer would have to come out and reset the panel every time I f'd something up on the control side

Still don't have an answer though can it be reset or not an d if so can I do it or do i need to order a PCB

Sponsored Links
It can be done, just not the way its has been described on this thread and another!!!
As an engineer and installer with many gals out there, it would be unethical for me or any of the other pro guys on here infact, to provide such information.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate an honest response
I would rather just buy a PCB if it means putting someone in an awkward situation

I think that it is worth investigating further and who knows
It would mean more work for you guys with the need for you to add an extra module to the alarm to integrate with the Control system
(this is common place in the USA/Canada where most AV stuff is developed).

Galaxy/Honeywell are the front runners in intergration.

Perhaps you should investigate the product more?

Sponsored Links
That is what I was trying to do, but I did not want to incur too much cost as my company is just small even though the jobs are not,
I am honestly just trying to bring something different to the customer (so that I stand out from the crowd of band wagon jumpers LOL) .

I've got a honeywell panel and find it really annoying when the power is cut or lost.

Is there a guide just for being able to set the alarm again.

It's getting a bit tedious calling up the installer and having them go over it on the phone each time.

I should have wrote it down the first time did it with him.

Even they think the panel is a pain in the hoop, first things they told me to try last time didn't work so had to go another long winded route

I've got a honeywell panel and find it really annoying when the power is cut or lost.

Is there a guide just for being able to set the alarm again.
Without the model name/number can't help Honeywell have their name on hundreds of panels by different manufacturers.

Ever changed the battery?

Even rechargeable ones have to be replaced at max. 5yrs

The guide is in the user manual. Dependent on the panel you have to follow the sequence exactly. Some will reset easily others have to have the fault acknowledged.
As Europlex says has the battery ever been changed ( how old is the system).

I inherited the system, however it is around 3-4 years old I'm led to believe.

When I called out the company to check it all over etc they said they had tested the battery and it was fine.

Just had to have to power shut down a couple of times recently and it then will not set.

If a fault condition occurs when the system is unset, an ‘Alert!’ message will be shown on the
keypad accompanied by an intermittent beep. If this occurs, you should go to the nearest
keypad and type in your PIN code and press ent. The keypad display will show what has
happened. The scroll keys A> and B< should be used to scroll through the message screens. If
the condition has cleared, pressing ent or esc will reset the fault condition. A fault condition
cannot be reset if it has not cleared or if it has not been viewed by a user.

Always assuming you have the manager code and it is set for manager reset.

I have a galaxy G2-44+ which has been removed from a job, but would like to factory reset it so that I can use it could someone PM me the procedure for doing it, I have user access but not the engineer code
If it cannot be done I will just have to buy a new PCB and go from there,
so it would just be nice to know if it can be done or not
Hi, as a long time ADT engineer I cannot tell you how to default the engineer code, but it is quite simple, you do not have to re programme anything only the codes, any fobs will still work, Contrary to earlier remarks that the engineer code is no good to a crook, I know only too well how handy this would be to them, you really need to talk to Honeywell tech support but they will ask for your ID and the branch you work from, I only write to say you do not have to replace anything so forget new boards.

good luck aquanaughts

Kens place ::: the intruder hold up alarm industry runs on an inspectorate body, either NSI (national security inspectorate) or SSAIB (Security systems and alarm inspection board) and they have strict guidelines for there schemes. NSI run silver and gold schemes.

Both schemes have strict regulations to adhere to and confidentiality is one. Paperwork, good management, stability, good customer service, smart staff, insurance cover. Having this in addition to a specific number of installations and financial backing proves that the IHAS industry isn't full of cowboys.

My company was the first ever co to get NSI macias gold medal and the uk's biggest independant fire and security company and the best alarm company in the uk for customer service, at the security excellence awards.

Now who's the cowboy?

My company was the first ever co to get NSI macias gold medal and the uk's biggest independant fire and security company and the best alarm company in the uk for customer service, at the security excellence awards.

Now who's the cowboy?
Oh, whoop-de-do.

That's nothing to get up and shout about, some of the work quality I've seen from Cos. saying this sort of thing is appalling.

What the office thinks they are getting & what there is out there can leave a lot to be desired.

ps. What's 'NSI macias gold medal'?

all G2 models

remove mains
remove battery

link 1001

remove bell tamp

leave lid screw out

re power

all codes reset to default.

Please bear in mind if you want to use any alarm for insurance purposes you must have it serviced annually by a UKAS approved company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back