Honeywell galaxy G2 RF_FAIL

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello, could someone help me? I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2 20 (non ADT) system and I keep getting an RF fail. I have already replaced the G2 20 with a spare, but the error keeps coming back. The RF portal is old and there is no address potentiometer yet. the system has 2 keypads 2 wired zones 16 wireless zones 1 RF portal I think the RF portal may be broken, does anyone know a solution? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Its just rf fail twice for all 16 zones so 32 rf fail errors

It's difficult to tell what's happening without seeing the sequence of events in the log. The portals are cheap enough to just switch out to see if that is the cause. It's unusual for the Galaxy kit to fail like that though. If it was a wiring issue, you would see an RF tamper. If a jam due to external noise, it should show a jam in the log. I think your only option is to try swapping the portal. The latest is version 3.00 and you can pick them up for around £40 on eBay.

Sponsored Links
the portal does not give any sabotage or jamming messages, it simply loses connection with all sensors

By any chance you recently got a smart meter installed? I have a similar issue and I doubt it is related to the smart meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back