Honeywell Glow worm - Pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a bit of a problem with my boiler.

Earlier today I changed the 3 way MV as the old one had been playing up. I turned the CH off, turned the mains power off, drained and flushed the system, fitted the new MV. After refilling the system turned on the all the power and everything seemd fine except the boiler.

I've tried nemourous times to manually light the pilot light with no luck at all. Most times it stays on while holding the required knob dwon but as soon as it's released it goes out. I've followed the instructions exactly but still no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Usually a dud thermocouple. That usually means calling a COrgi to it.

Thanks for your reply Chris.

I've just done a bit of searching and the thermo comes up a alot!

Bugger :(

Let's hope the girlfriend doesn't mind a bit of cold till Monday!!!

Sponsored Links
Its a Fuel Saver MkII,

I'd imagine it's the house original about 20 years old.

This also has an over heat stat that interupts the thermocouple so it may also be that at fault

Its a choice of 3 things
1. the t/couple
2 the gas valve
3 the overheat stat

First two being favourites as it has failed on gas being turned off.

That is providing pilot flame is correct size and heating the t/couple properly

Quick question namsag.... if the power unit has failed on the gas valve do you have objections to stripping the valve apart to pop a new power unit in the valve?

Strictly CORGI territory I know but I have 30 plus in my lock up and can be used a temporarily repair.

Dave

You can still buy the mag units for the red and white push button gas valves (v4400 series) and the green push button valves (v4700 series) so it must be ok to fit them and we used to regularly do the red and white ones

But the grey button valves(v4600) im pretty certain they say dont split the valve to change them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back