Honeywell HC60NG wireless relay unit replacement - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat that comes with the HC60NG relay unit. My relay unit has passed away and needs replacement. I noticed that Honeywell uses the same HC60NG relay unit in all its wireless thermostat products. Can I use the HC60NG unit from the Analoque Wireless Room Thermostat Y6630D1007?

Note that the diagrams depict different power wiring in each case. The unit has a single neutral and 2 live connection pins. ( I have a combi boiler)

for cm927
http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/netherlands/productcatalogue/pdf/en0h8556uk07r1006.pdf

for Y6630D1007
http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/products/pdf/en1b0344-ge51r1105a.pdf

I would appreciate anyones assistance on the issue

NOTE
the HC60NG comes in various editions but as I understand the only difference is the supported language....How can be power wiring different...

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware the wiring is the same for all the receiver units.

L & N and switched live in and out, A & B I think.

In the schematic the receiver is shown with N L L plus of course A & B connection pins.
for CM927 it suggests to connect power as N - L while for the analogue version as N L -
That is the line is connected to a different pin

George

I always thought that the LL were commoned together anyway on the receiver.

Wont take much to move one wire anyway :eek:

The receiver only receives the signal, it doesn't know whtether it is a 927 or analogue stat at the other end.

Sponsored Links
So in your opinion it doesn't matter to which of the LL pins I connect the line?
have I understood well?
George

I will check if the two LL pins are commoned.. Thanks Dave

The two LL pins are commoned on the PCB.

More important is checking the frequency. Honeywell have been altering the frequency on their RF products, can remember whether its from or to 488Mhz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back