Honeywell heating controls broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a system with Honeywell heating controls and a Sunvic thermostat. Not sure what model the controls are but look like an older version of the ST699.

The thermostat had been wired in reverse so decided to fix it today. The wiring diagram I found suggested swapping 1 and 2 wires on the Sunvic would fix it but this was wrong and when I switched the system back on it blew the spur fuse as well as tripping the main RCD.

Checked the thermostat with a meter and it should have been 1 and 3 wires which were switched. I've done this and replaced the spur fuse and now the thermostat works properly but the heating controls do nothing.

The controls display works fine and on/off LEDs work as expected with the switch but there's no effect at the boiler, CH stays permanently on. Boiler goes off and on depending on the thermostat and with the thermostat off, HW controls don't do anything either.

Is this likely the control unit or something at the boiler end?

Thanks,

Neil

Sponsored Links
Either what Dan suggested, or a zone/motorised valve is cream crackered and keeping the boiler on.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I've pulled the panel off and at the very least there's a blown resistor. It's definitely a ST699 and the local Screwfix have them in stock so I think I'll just pop down and get a new one before the missus gets home.

New control unit in place and all working properly now.

Thanks again for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back