Honeywell PIR not triggering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We had a utility room built extending the house which meant an additional front door. The door is uPVC and the alarm system is a hard wired Honeywell Accenta Mini. Wiring a door contact to the new door would have proven tricky so a PIR was installed in lieu of, and the utility room is now a entry/exit zone, along with the usual front door.

Anyhoo, upon entry the new PIR is simply not sensitive enough, likely because the PIR is approached almost directly rather than being crossed (albeit in the corner, it's a small room). Entering the second room after the utility, the kitchen, then trips the PIR in this room and the alarm triggers which is a real PITA as the system has a dialler.

As far as I can see, the sensitivity cannot be adjusted although I'll be happily led on this. The model is still readily available: Honeywell IS312B. This wouldn't cause an issue but we're finding we're using the utility room to enter the house more often than the usual front door, and therefore avoiding setting the alarm altogether.

Can this particular PIR be adjusted (I have read the data sheet, I think it's the entry level model with pet immunity) or are there any suggestions to replace it? It needs to pick us up as soon as we walk through the door.

With thanks.

Sponsored Links
You should have fitted contact on door if you wanted to start entry timer instantly.
Turn off pet mode to make pir more sensitive. Your choice of detector is not great. Depends on position of sensor to how it will react when entering. The door can act as a shield .

You should have fitted contact on door if you wanted to start entry timer instantly.
Turn off pet mode to make pir more sensitive. Your choice of detector is not great. Depends on position of sensor to how it will react when entering. The door can act as a shield .
Thanks. As per my post, reaching the door with wiring would be tricky unless unsightly trunking was used, there is also a very low RSJ above the door and no room on the frame for a contact from what I can see, hence the PIR. The installation was done by the original installer of the system, I wasn't given the choice of detector, I assume it's this one to match those in the rest in the house. How do I turn pet mode off?

Edit!

Pet immunity now turned off. Should have been my first port of call. Makes a world of difference!

Sponsored Links
You can also mount the detector so that you're not walking towards the sensors IR planes and more across them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back