Honeywell ST699 programmer blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Returned home yesterday afternoon to find heating hadn't come on. On timed using Honeywell ST699. The pump was running but boiler Ideal Classic NF60 hadn't fired, fan not running. Turned switch on programmer off and on and boiler fired. Worked fine all evening.

This morning when I turned switch on there was a flash in programmer as it blew. Solder gone and black round connection 8.

Unfortunately fuse in switch turned out to be 5A rather 3A. I wonder if that might have stopped it circuit board blowing.

Very tempted to go and buy a ST799 tomorrow. I understand it will clip straight onto subbase for ST699. The battery on old timer went years ago so we lost heating if we went away and there was a power cut. So needed to replace anyway. Worried I may end up blowing new ST799 straight away though.

Looking at previous posts on this forum problem might be with fan or pump:
- Fan appears to be fine. Two years ago I'd had problem where boiler didn't come on and problem turned out to be fan was sticking. Solved by squirt of WD40. Checked fan, it's turning freely this time.
- Pump was working.

Could problem have just been in the old ST699 programmer?

Really appreciate any advice please.

Sponsored Links
Could problem have just been in the old ST699 programmer?
Almost certainly not. Terminal 8 is the COM terminal for the DHW circuit, so something has overloaded this circuit, blown the fuse (or not?) and damaged the programmer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back