Honeywell Sundial rf2 pack2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using above system, My stat stays on 19 degrees and flame symbol shows (call for heat) all the time even though boiler is not on all the time. Is this correct, i keep thinking boiler is on when it's not? why have the flame symbol on the DT92E if it works this way.

Sponsored Links
Its an indicator for a call for heat.

The flame signal only represents an actual flame if you have an opentherm connection.

These products have more than one application.

so the DT92E is opentherm but the ST9420C is not?
So if i changed eventually to the evohome with a BDR wireless relay box, that would be?

Or is it a case of getting a Honeywell R8810A1018 Wireless OpenTherm Bridge R8810 connecting to boiler, would this be paired with the DT92E and the ST9420C as it says compatible with evohome (all versions), CMS927, DTS92E, T87RF and RF2 Pack 3, and i have rf2 pack 2?

Sponsored Links
if i changed eventually to the evohome with a BDR wireless relay box, that would be?

Evohome with a BDR.

is it a case of getting a Honeywell R8810A1018 Wireless OpenTherm Bridge

Yes. But you need an opentherm compatible boiler.

would this be paired with the DT92E and the ST9420C

No.

Evohome is a great product, but it is easily screwed up by people not familiar with it.

Thanks, so it looks like mine is not OpenTherm compatible worcester 30 cdi regular therefore does this mean an Evohome system is only usable for zoning and HW. with the BDR91 instead of R8810A1018 Wireless OpenTherm Bridge R8810

Think I understand even if it appears i don't ;)

Last edited:
Checking Today,
the lights on programmer has hot water light on all the time programmer has it set to on, but heating green light switches off even though set to run and set on programmer when stat set at 17.5 gets to 18.5, just confusing me what is going on, why is hot water light always on but heating goes off?
Even though hot water light on all the time when cylinder stat turns 2 port valve off and boiler demand off, the green light remains on but not so for heating, that seems to turn green light off for several minutes then turn back on.

Ok
I will try.
Hot water set to on from 6.00 am to 10 pm and green light remains on, on the programmer during this period.
Heating set from 6.00 pm to 10 pm but green light goes on and off about 5 minutes after room stat goes off (required temp)
Is this correct, why does heating light go off but water does not?

The programmer knows what the room stat is doing - it doesn't know what the cylinder stat is doing.

If you want that then you use Pack 3.... but if you have a cable to the cylinder, it's pointless.

No worries..... All this stuff looks a little dated physically, but when you understand the possibilities of the applications, the whole RF2 range is very powerful. Pack 3 is my favourite. It can do functions of several hundred quids worth of additional kit out of the box if you know how.

Hopefully you can answer this then?
In DT92E manual it says
Proportional band width 1.5 to 3 deg c
also
Cycle rate 3, 6, 9, 12

I'm on default 1.5 and 6
Just wondering what that means.
Hopefully move to a Evohome in near future

Also has Temperature measurement offset -3 to 3 K i''m on 0

Last edited:
Temp offset is to correct stat inaccuracies or poor location giving issues with setpoint.

Cycle rate and bandwidth are to do with the TPi system. It's fine where it is. Unless you get massive over shoot of the setpoint due to the system not reacting as designed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back