Honeywell V4073 valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Please help!

The central heating hasn't been working, hot water has been fine, so a new honeywell V4073 was put in. However, in doing this, ironically a switch has been made, the central heating now works and the hot water doesn't!

We believe it has something to do with the water pressure, although could be barking up the wrong tree. The only faucet that works is the kitchen COLD tap. In the bathroom, we have toilet water, flushing fine. However, the taps on both the basin and bath all do not work. All four have no water, be it hot or cold coming out of them.

What could this be? Where do I start to look? THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Firstly the Honeywell valve has nothing to do with the water coming (or not coming) out of the taps. The Honeywell valve is to direct the heated water from the boiler to either the Central Heating or Hot Water cylinder (or both), when the appropriate thermostats call for heat.

There seems to be water coming into the property as some outlets are working. You need to check the cistern (tank) in the loft. Is this full of water?

I don't have a ladder, but will try to borrow one to get up to the loft where the tank is. If the water is indeed not filling up in the tank, what do I do?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back