Honeywell V4073A - Orange wire staying live?

Sorry to hijack but I have same problem with a new Worcester greenstar boiler, but with a Horstmann 3 Port valve. Heating comes on with heating set to off , but if I turn on Hot water for an hour it stops the boiler [unless stat on tank asks for hot water of course].I thought it might be the valve not returning after the heating is turned off but if like the Honeywell it's still producing a small voltage would the resistor work for me? My heating engineer suggested changing to Honeywell valve but would seem from everyone's postings that it is unlikely to help.

A new valve is unliklely to help, do as picasso suggested and add the resisitor to stop the stray voltages, that should help.

Sponsored Links
Have fitted capacitor as specified in earlier post between orange[live] and blue [neutral] but boiler still runs without Heating on. :cry:

Update, fuse blew after 1/2 of having heating on?
Can capacitor be wired the wrong way round?

Sponsored Links
As far as I know horstmann valve dont suffer from back voltage so your fault is more likely to be a faulty actuator, you dont need to change the whole valve just the top part (so no need to drain down)

As far as I know horstmann valve dont suffer from back voltage so your fault is more likely to be a faulty actuator, you dont need to change the whole valve just the top part (so no need to drain down)
As mentioned have changed the valve [twice with current set-up] but still problem, might it be any better with a different brand of 3 port valve.?

Who wired your new boiler ? sounds more like a wiring fault than a faulty valve.

RGI installed it and Bosch sent out their guy to look at it, neither could solve the problem? :cry: :cry: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back