Honeywell Vc 4613 two way valve.

The VC 4613 is a balanced valve. not you standard S plan. ;)
Sounds like it's a mo-mo valve - so it needs power to open, then also power on another terminal to close. No spring loading??
So the cylinder stat needs 2 wires to the valve, from terminals 1 and 2.
If you've got a mo-mo valve, timer sends power to top stat - C. If stat needs heat, it sends power from term1 to brown 'open' side of valve, if it doesn't need heat, it must send power to black 'close' side of the valve, off terminal 2 of the stat.
If there is an orange wire from the mo-mo valve, does it go live when the valve opens? If so, power the boiler from that. If there's no microswitch on the valve, and the dead orange wire is just there to 'test' you, then you could hook the boiler to terminal 1 of the cylinder stat - if timer is on AND stat calls, boiler is fired. There's no failsafe there though - if the valve failed to open, the boiler would still come on.
Maybe? I'm not an expert :D

Sponsored Links
If your valve is using the aux switch please note that the orange is permanent live and the grey is switched live when the valve opens, (make the white wire safe as not used).

it isint a momo valve, its wired completely differently, the aux switch is shown as

orange..com

grey....no

white...nc

I will see if I can find a wiring diagram for the valve.

Sponsored Links
Power consumption
6 Watt maximum at nominal voltages (during valve position
change only)

Isn't this the criteria that would deem a valve being "Mo-Mo"?

You can't tell the OP anything till you know what it's being used for or what controls it.

your absolutely right :oops: my apologies to g/pants, I was thinking more of the sunvic type valves but these are indeed momo valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back