Honeywell zone valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace an old sticking Honeywell V4043 2 port zone valve. I already have a new spare handy, but it is missing a wire. The old one has a total of 6 wires: blue, brown, gray, white, orange and green/yellow. The new one, and subsequently the only one my local merchant sells, is missing the white wire. Does anyone know if it's possible to install the new one even though it's missing the white wire, or do i need to source one with the correct wires?

Sponsored Links
no white wire req mate

N= NEUTRAL

G/Y=EARTH

GREY=LIVE (240V) PERMANANT

BROWN=S LIVE (240V) FROM EXTERNAL CONTROL

ORANGE= (240V) TO BOILER/PUMP ;)

Sponsored Links
The valves with the white wire are 28mm. 22mm has no white. The white wire when present is normally isolated safely as it becomes live when the valve closes. On 28mm valves it is used on a C plan.

Thanks all for your replies. As far as what type of system i'm not sure what you mean. I'm only a general builder who dabbles a little in plumbing, so far as i've wired and connected up complete new systems, but would only describe this old system as being the the most common i normally come across. It consists of, boiler, pump, programmer, wall stat, tank stat and seperate zone valves for heating and hot water. I thought it was all 22mm but may have been mistaken? I haven't got a clue what the wiring plan/type is, but it was first installed in 1973

Thats a standard S plan system.

Check where the current one goes, will most likely be in a spare terminal. Do the same with the new valve.

Are you sure the white is an actual wire and not just a central strand the others are wrapped around would not be the first to miss this.
BUT if it is do as tamz and petite suggest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back