Hoover E09 Error message. (Ed. Washing Machine)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All.

My Hoover Dynamic Next Model No. DXOA 68LW3/1-80 has all of a sudden stopped in mid spin and showing error message E09.
It also tripped the house consumer unit.

A bit of researching has told me that it will be a new PCB unit.

But it doesn't tell me if it could be anything else at fault?

Could it be anything else as I don't want to pay around £100 for a part that is not at fault?

Plus, please can you tell me if I need to get a programmed PCB unit or unprogrammed PCB unit?

Sponsored Links
It would need to suit your particular model , so programmed. Not sure you can actually get them though it always used to require an engineer visit to do it on-site. Yes it is possible that you have another fault. The fact that it stopped mid spin makes the motor a suspect, possibly the brushes have worn down ( if it has any ). But it could be several things. You also need to ensure you have no water leaks. When you say it tripped the house electrics I am presuming you mean an RCD rather than an MCB at the consumer unit.
Can you reset the code by powering off/on, does it clear. What happens if you unplug the motor and try a spin only programme if the error code can be reset.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying and the information jj4091.

Yes it tripped the individual RCD. There appears to be no water leaks. I have tried the reboot/power off/on process.

Attached is an image of the PCB I have removed from the main unit with a burnt out section. Does this tell us it is only the RCB or something else as well please?

I can get a programmed PCB from Ransome Spares/eSpares or Hoover. A straight awap by the looks of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 13
Attached is an image of the PCB I have removed from the main unit with a burnt out section. Does this tell us it is only the RCB or something else as well please?

That only tells us for certain, that the pcb in the photo needs to be replaced. There might well be additional fault, which destroyed the pcb..

Sponsored Links
Thank Harry for replying.

Yes, that is what I am worried about, hence my original question. Hopefully I can have a look at the motor tomorrow evening.

Is there anything else I should look at please?

It's only 3 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back