HOOVER HD98 E DISHWASHER ERROR 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoover HD98 E diswasher that runs ok for so far into a programme then gives an error 3 message
The manual says this is either heater element or dirty filter problem

Judging by the heat generated the element is ok and the filters have been cleaned and look ok

Restart the machine and it seems to run ok until next time

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Think i have worked out that it seems to be running the first part of the programme ie a cold water fill it then seems to do nothing except heat up and then errors at the point when it should satrt to rinse and empty
Result is steamed but not washed dishes :(

Think i have worked out that it seems to be running the first part of the programme ie a cold water fill it then seems to do nothing except heat up and then errors at the point when it should satrt to rinse and empty
Result is steamed but not washed dishes :(
Set both spray arms pointing directly at the door then start a program. Open the door when the program is running & note the position of the arms (you may have to do this several times). If the arms don't appear to have moved then you may have found your problem.

I will try that thanks but ,and pardon me for sounding thick ,what does that proove? does it mean some part of the programme is not running and if so is that likely to be caused by anything in particular? more importantly is something thats an economicaly sensible repair or am I better off sending it to the skip and getting another one ?

To be honest it started during the recent big freeze and I have it at the back of my untrained mind that it could be a drainage problem and wondered if the as and when the thaw sets in it may go away all though it does seem to drain away eventually

Sponsored Links
It confirms the arms are rotating, (i.e. receiving water pressure). If they don't rotate then the nozzles may be blocked, or possibly the circulation pump is faulty.

They do seem to be rotating .I am getting a dgeinite impression its not draining for some reason but when you restart it it does just that ... drains DOH !

After some digging I found out that error 3 indicates a heater fault. You need to check for a break in the element. I don't think you can remove the bottom plate on your machine, but you should be able to access the heater terminals via the front plate under the door (may be easier if you take off the door facia first...3 or 4 screws each side inside the door lip). Make sure the plug is out first! Check the heater terminals for resistance/continuity with a multimeter on 1 x ohm scale. It should read approx 25 to 30 ohms, if not then you have identified the fault. If it checks out ok the problem is likely to be the heater relay, a break in the wiring, or faulty PCB. Good luck :D

To be honest it seems to have cured itself having been a pain in the arse for about three weeks it just started running ok

Only thing I can think it was something to do with really cold weather and perhaps it wasnt draining right as error three is supposed to be heater or filter?

Thanks for the responses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back