Hoover Nextra drains then fills when doing drain cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

MY faithful Zanussi popped its cloggs a couple days ago but I managed to get a Hoover Nextra off a familly member.

This machine was in storage and second hand (although pretty much new).

After trying it I found it to be v.noisy, turns out one of the drum paddles was missing and the other two were broke....

So, new paddles and I thought all was good until it flooded!

The hose that feeds the thermostat had come off, fixed that all seems great.

I tried a drain cycle (as it was still flooded at this point) and it seemed to work well, water went down, End came up on the screen but it then puts water back in, just enough to come up to the bottom lip of the drum.

I have tried this a few times now with the same result. The water is actually getting pumped into the soap tray as if its the correct thing to do....

Anyone had this before? The only way I can get it to fully drain is to turn off the water feed and do the drain cycle.

Not tried a full wash yet but I suspect its going to be the same result.

cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yeah just had it do a full wash cycle and a similar thing happens. The cycle gets to the End then starts to put a bit of water in the drum through the inlet pipes.

The odd thing is, it seems like this is somethign it thinks it should be doing, up to this point it works as normal, you can hear the water begin to be put in for about 30 seconds or so, this leaves a pool of water in the drum...

problem fixed.

Having cleaned the filters before first use I didnt expect that to be a problem. However after much head scratching I thought a second look at the filter provided me with the answer. It seems the previous wash (which shredded clothes due to the missing/broke paddles) had stuffed the filter hard with threads etc

Removed that (really tightly wadded up) fixed the issue.

Odd that the error code didnt display as per the manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back