Hoover Nextra washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I mentioned this previously but thought it was fixed...

Basically the machine works ok but it will put water in at the end of the cycle.

What I mean by this is it will wash, go into its spin, end the spin, put water in via the soap drawer then end.

I can even put the drain cycle on. In this mode it will pump out the water with no problems, you can clearly see the water drain away. It then puts water in through the soap drawer then unlocks the door.

The amount of water it puts in is always the same, its about an inch above the drum.

Anybody any ideas about this?

I have googled the problem but most explanations are to do with machines simply not draining because of a faulty pump or that water is coming back through the water pipe. This doesn't seem to be the case with this machine.

The only way I can get it to fully drain is to either remove the filter - at which point it floods the kitchen with whats in the drum, or to set it on a drain cycle with the water pipe closed off.

The first time I removed the filter the instructions said "use the kick plate to catch any remaining water". I did this thinking it was a pretty cool feature. Removed the filter and there was that much water the kick plate - carefully positioned to collect any water, was washed along the floor haha :)

Sponsored Links
Normally I would be tempted to suggest a faulty inlet valve...but it doesn't seem quite as simple as that in your case. Inlet valves are "fail-safe" in the fact that voltage has to be applied for them to open. If the inlet vale is being energized at an entirely wrong stage in the program I fear it may point in the direction of a defective pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back