Hoover Nextra Optima HNL 6166 FAO Zipper and others..

It might be my poor eyesight but it looks like the 10mm nut in the middle of the heater element is missing?
Did you remove it?....or am I going blind :rolleyes:

Oh ****** your right ....

OK leak sorted but the drum continues to fill with no sign of the program starting - the drum is about half full so far ... im thinking that this is something that might happen once a part has been replaced i.e. has it reset the machine ?

Sponsored Links
Fitting a new NTC does nothing to the software. Did you get water in the motor when it leaked? Do you see an error code?

Fitting a new NTC does nothing to the software. Did you get water in the motor when it leaked? Do you see an error code?

yes water did leak into the bottom of the motor. No error code shows the machine simply just continuesto fill.

I recently dried to put it on a spin to get rid of the water in the drum but noticed a bit of smoke coming from the top of the electronic PCB on the right hand side of the washer :cry:

I have powered off and disconnected the 8 pin and 9 pin connectors from the top of the PCB and will leave to dry out overnight - am I right in saying this isnt the main PCB ? If I have damaged this board then what price am I looking at for a new one ?

Smoke & pcb in the same sentence does not sound promising :(
Pull the card & check it for blown track/components. Post a photo of what you find.

Sponsored Links
Smoke & pcb in the same sentence does not sound promising :(
Pull the card & check it for blown track/components. Post a photo of what you find.

I have reconnected the PCB and the washer is currently on a spin program with no signs of smoke so it would appear to have dried out.

I still have the problem with the washer just filling and no program starting..

Is this down to the pressure switch ?

Pressure switches don't fail very often. To be honest I think you may have fried your pcb after water leaked into the motor (the motor could also be history). I don't see any obvious damage from the photos you posted....but you are nearer the pcb than me. Take another look (on both sides) for damaged tracks/components. Like they say "no smoke without a fire".

Pressure switches don't fail very often. To be honest I think you may have fried your pcb after water leaked into the motor (the motor could also be history). I don't see any obvious damage from the photos you posted....but you are nearer the pcb than me. Take another look (on both sides) for damaged tracks/components. Like they say "no smoke without a fire".

Im sure the smoke came from the 8 and 9 pin plug due to dampness on the terminals.. There isnt any obvious signs of damage that I can see.

Is there a test to check the pressure switch - I have had a look forany blockages etc but all seems OK..

Can you mark the photo (or take a new one & mark that). It may help identify which component(s) belong to the smoking pins.

The 9 pin connector controls the motor & NTC....the 8 pin controls the drain pump & inlet valve.
So...why do you suspect the prossostat? Unless the machine overfills/underfills/or has an oddball heater issue the chances are that it is just fine & enjoying another wonderful day in the washer world. Faulty pcb's don't always need to have scorch marks, blown tracks/components etc to be defective (neither do motors). A triac could be shorted & you probably wouldn't see a thing. I don't know where you want to go from here...I would consider sending the pcb to http://www.emwelec.co.uk/ & get the motor checked out.
P.S. please try to avoid using the quote button every time. It makes a verrrrryyy long thread when things get doubled up.

If it fills...but doesn't stop filling until there's a whole aquarium in there then check for a hole in the pressure hose first. Pressostats don't fail very often but pressure chambers can get blocked & hoses can get punctured. If the pressure chamber isn't blocked & the hose is intact then the pressostat could be defective. A new pressostat is a lot cheaper than a new pcb. However the pcb may still be the root cause of your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back