Hoover PPC160-80 Not Tumbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Performa Plus condenser dryer stopped tumbling at the weekend :( The filter care light stayed on even after cleaning and there was a burning smell coming from the appliance. Taken the back and top off today to try and identify where burning smell was coming from and filter care light stays off. No burning smell now, but drum not moving or heating.

Can anyone help me to locate the problem?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I had a repair guy out to look at the problem and he replaced the capacitor (which was melted - explains the burning smell!). It is located underneath the drum and is the part that 'kickstarts' the drum to tumble.
It didn't cost a fortune to get replaced and was quite tricky to get to, so I'd recommend getting a repair guy to do it for you if you suspect it to be the problem.

The way to tell is to take the top off the dryer, switch it on and give it a push to start it moving. If it moves only when you do that, capacitor is dead.

Hope this helps someone out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back