Hoover quattro as116 Door catch??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, from reading about the drum not turning, I removed motor and replaced carbon brushes... exisiting ones were 3mm, new ones about 3cm :eek: ... hopefully all should be working laters tonight!!!:cool: (Thanks for the info!!)

Only now, as it was upside down when removing the motor.... the door didnt quite go back into its slot to shut..... managed to pressure it in and now it wont open....just keeps clicking as if I've missed the catch....

(Hopefully when I turn it back upside down tonight to replace bushes..going to hope it releases the door!!) or have I done something else???

Oh the joys of laundry!!!................ NOT! :(

Sponsored Links
I've no idea where this idea of turning machines upside down to work on them came from, but it's wrong. You work on the motor from the rear, you remove two bolts, a belt and a plug and it comes out so you can change the carbons.
Possibilities are the remote locking (if it's a push button on the facia to open) has come off the lock or the door lock itself has been damaged during turning over of the machine.

Cheers Sleepy and all.... I've changed the carbons.... and whilst machine was upside down.. I opened the door (like it was when I first turned it upside down...) and when everything was put back together and righted....

HEY PRESTO IT WORKS!!!!! :D :D

very happy cos it cost only £5.99 (I did have to buy a star screwdriver thing) :D :D

I think it was alot easier to remove motor and mess with the fiddly little screws when upside down.... I dont think I would of located the screw holes if it was still in situ??? Maybe thats the reason for the turning upside down???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back