Hoover Washing machine not taking conditioner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Hoover Washing Machine with a 1 pipe supply of cold water, which is now typically out of warranty, that has had regular problems with not taking in the fabric conditioner . Following visits by Engineers, it worked OK for a shortwhile, then returned to its troublesome self.The Engineer has since placed 2 restrictors in certain pipes, as a last resort, in order to increase the water pressure, but this has not worked.

Water pressure seems OK, and the draw holding the conditioner is regularly cleaned. When using these Comfort Conditioner pearls that are placed directly in with the load, no water is left remaining in the conditioner part of the detergent drawer, which is what you would probably think should happen on the basis that the conditioner was always left remaining in previous sessions.. Is there a sensor that can determine if any conditioner has been placed there, or not as the case may be, or is this another part of the problem.

Sponsored Links
I am not 100% sure but I think that the water for the rinse mode is fed by a separate valve via the condtioner part of the drawer.I would look in this area.

If you pour water into the conditioner compartment does it drain away on it's own?
If it does, repeat this test with conditioner. If it fails to drain on it's own you'll probably find it's too thick for the syphon.
If it does drain you'll find either the jets above the compartment are blocked or the actuator for selecting which compartment gets water has become detached or has broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back