Horstmann synchronous timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently moved into a flat with underfloor heating. Heating runs on economy 7. and switching is controlled by synchronous timer. Problem is that the timer has stopped working and only did so after plumber had switched off consumer unit when doing a job on the immersion heater. Have checked the fuse to the timer and is OK. Any suggestions? Is there a reset button anywhere? Timer was installed in the early 80's and has been working fine until now.

Sponsored Links
Only one suggestion and it's a long shot. Some synchronous motors can be difficult to get started. They may even start in the wrong direction. some have a mechanical device to 'catch' the rotor and throw it back the other way.

I assume you've checked that power is reaching the timer. If it is then try switching the thing on and off. If this doesn't work then you'll need a new timer - or a new motor if you're into electromechanical microsurgery.

Sounds good to me and will give it a try this evening.

Still cna't get timer to work...does anyone know where \i can get spare parts?

Sponsored Links
you haven't said model of timer, but probably cheaper as mentioned to get a new timer

Is a Horstmann 200/250 50 Hz

Type V. MK. 5 Syn Manufacture seems to be 1978

Resistive 80 amps...is used to control underfloor heating.

Do you know if I can buy a digital equivalent?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back