hot & cold feed for quartz shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to have two quartz showers running off the same hot and cold feed ( cold from independent feed on tank and hot from essex flange). Was hoping to cut into the pipework that has already been run for the quartz shower that is already there.

Sponsored Links
either run new feeds is what i do to keep them both seperate and no chance of starving the pump of water

or

change the feed from the cws to 28mm then take your two 15mm feeds from that.

the hot water cylinder leave one 15mm feed from the essex flange.
and take the other 15mm feed from the 22mm outlet on the top of the cylinder or fit surrey flange or another essex flange.

if you take a 15mm feed from the dhw horizontal pipe on the cylinder make sure you take it down afew inches first.

what one are you fitting grohe, triton ,aqualisa etc ?

Sponsored Links
sorry just got back from pub. I was going to take from the top of the cylinder cutting into the existing pipe feeding the hot water to the house.

yes thats ok as they do reccomend it as one of the ways in their instructions.

but make sure you take any tee off the horizontal pipe downwards first.
or any pipe off the vertical pipe must be below the tee from the horizontal pipe from the cylinder.

I have just checked again in the cold light of day and the hot feed is actually in 22mm . Can this feed both showers? i will take a seperate cold feed from tank.

Sorry to mess you about.

ive just installed a second aqualisa Hiqu taking the hot from domestic cylinder outlet upto the digi-box, 2 separate hot connections in 15mm off the 22mm pipe. on the cold side i teed into the 15mm tank connection.

so 2 independent hots and a shared cold

both showers run fine when run at the same time.

As i understand it you have got the same as me:

Essex flange into cylinder in 22mm upto boxes. Two 15mm feeds from the 22 straight into each box.
Seperate 15mm feeds from the tank-one feeding each.

I beleive this should work. Anyone think of any problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back