HOT POINT NOT WORKING DOOR LOCK LIGHT NOT COMING ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, wonder if someone can help. We have a Hotpoint Aquarius WF240 washing machine. My wife told me that it was not working so I checked the fuse and found that it had blown. Changed the fuse and switched on the machine, it started spinning and then it suddenly stopped but some of the indicator lights were still on including the on/off light (can't remember which lights where on). I switched it of using the on/off button and tried switching it on again but this time the door light did not come on, BUT THE DOOR WAS STILL LOCKED and the machine did nothing no matter what setting I set it at. When switched off the door will unlock after some time.

Has anyone got an idea on what is wrong with the machine. I personally think it is the PCB but am not sure or could it be the door lock. If someone out there can help with any info I will really appreciate.

Sponsored Links
Had to call an engineer in the end. He found that the motor and power board had gone. At least I only paid for the engineer and not the parts. 5 Year warranty came in handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back