Hot point WD420 Washer Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I have a washer dryer that keeps tripping the temperature trip switch. I did the cheap fix and drilled a hole through the top and reset it using a small screw driver, The dryer will work properly after this but only for a short time, I can't figure out why it's is constantly tripping, it can't even get through a complete 30min cycle.

Any help would be appreciated :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Fan not going round / jammed loads of fluff on fan and in heater box. Fluff filter blocked at the heater box end.

Fan not going round / jammed loads of fluff on fan and in heater box. Fluff filter blocked at the heater box end.

I've checked that the fan is turning (it is), and cleaned all of the fluff out and it's still over heating

I think I may have figured it out, I turned on the dryer with the top of the machine, and I could hear a knock ing noise from inside the metal casing, I hink the fan may have come away from the motor

Sponsored Links
There is a brass locking nut on the fan it tightens up anticlockwise , once it's tight put a blob of loctight on the nut to stop it coming loose very common fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back