Hot pointWF541 Washing Machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just when I thought i could relax on my day off.....

machine found not to be operating half way through cycle with water in the drum. No lights on depite power being on. New fuse no problem but lights only illuminate for 1 sec then go out. no other signs of machine attempting to operate. Drum moves freely. Centre loom of copper wire on motor black and sooty. I'm thinking motor burn't out but any other ideas appreciated.

Stuart.

Sponsored Links
when the machine first starts its wash cycle does the drum move at all

The windings and armature on a motor are quite often black and sooty 'carbon dust from the brushes' in itself nothing to worry about

Thankyou Leccy.

Cakeman= No drum movement. now the machine is dead. the only indication of anything going on is when I plug it into the power socket when the 'normal' indicator lights come on briefly (1 sec) then all lights out and dead.

Sponsored Links
f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

So in this instance with the second light flashing the error code would be f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty . new pcb needed try here http://www.emwelec.co.uk/

1 and 2 f12 .check the wires are on the pcb are tight and the top board . unplug mc for 2 mins then see what happens if it is still showing fault new pcb required

bottom rear of mc undo white cover .top pcb under the lid.

last night the washing maching just went off changed the fuse still not working hotpoint washing maching is wf541 bloke come out and said might be board willl cost £180 to fix or he will give me £20 and take machine away n e help please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back