Hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. This is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem.

I have Ferroli Optima 701 wall mounted, room sealed, gas combination boiler which is about 5-6 years old. (I have the online manual if anyone needs to look something up). Up until yesterday everything was fine but now I'm having a problem with the central heating side of it. When I turn on my thermostat, the fan starts to run, the boiler kicks in and everything seems fine, but then after about 2 minutes the boiler just stops and the flame just goes back down to it's normal size. When I wait a while and try again, after a couple of minutes the same thing happens again.

My hot water in the meantime is absolutely fine. Obviously this leads me to believe that it's not a pump or a fan problem but something that works on the CH seperately from the hot water. I hope I've given you enough info to help.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
First thing I'd do would be look in the Mfrs Instructions for the fault-finding section! What does it suggest?

Sponsored Links
Hi L-man,

I have seen this thread... and do believe this is the answer. But!

Have an Ocean 80-FF, and the wiring is not the same. But, I am going to have a look at it. I have opened my boiler cover and it's extremely dirty inside....

Perhaps will be calling in an expert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back