Hot Water, Cold Central Heating

chn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can offer me some advice.

Recently the boiler has failed to light up when I turn on the central heating via the programmer. If I switch on the hot water, the boiler lights up fine, but if I switch in the central heating the boiler does not light.

I replaced the room thermostat tonight hoping that would do the trick but nothing.

I'm thinking its the programmer now, but it seems odd that its controlling the hot water but not the heating?

The programmer is an ACL Lifestyle and the boiler is a Corvec Maxiflame II. Both pretty old by the look of things.

Am I right in thinking that this deffo won't be the boiler as its fine for heating the water?

Sponsored Links
solo said:

The pump is a Grundfos Twospeed, don't here anything from it, no vibrations and the pipes in and out are cold.

Would this prevent the boiler from lighting up?

Sorry to be a muppet but I'm new to all this.

a simple electrical check at the s/l of the boiler will rule out external controls. this is the first thing to check before you start changing parts unnecessarily.

let us know what happens with this

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
a simple electrical check at the s/l of the boiler will rule out external controls. this is the first thing to check before you start changing parts unnecessarily.

let us know what happens with this

I will do when I get home.

Another note, the pump is working and was on this morning pumping the hot water, so it looks like thats ruled out as well then?

So I should check the above first. One thing though, I changed the room thermo but the guy in the shop said it was returned, no details, so it could be faulty. If I remove the room thermo, would the programmer automatically kick in if the two wires are either connected or seperated? I assume one state (connected or seperated) would send a signal to the programmer?

hi, i have the same kind of problems as you had, can you tell me what caused your problems in this post, might just save me a whole host of trouble by your replying. many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back