Hot water from vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the vent pipe that goes into the expansion tank. Hot water is filling the tank up then overflowing. I have tried to turn the pump to lowest setting but still no joy! any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
not uncommon, despite the barrage of idiots telling you it will never happen. If occassionaly, its ok, if regular , it`s a problem.

Sponsored Links
is it constant flow ?
is it when either heating or hw on ?

can be a faulty boiler stat
restriction in the pipework around vent/cold feed.

Is Cold Fewed & Vent Close Coupled in the airing cupboard,? if so the problem will be a partial blockage between the two pipes, causing the circulating water to expel over the vent and back down the cold feed, you should cut out the pipework around the feed & vent and replace, ignoring this problem will cause excessive corrosion in the system due to oxygenated water

It can if the cylinder coil is broken.
As any heatingengineer knows. :rolleyes:

The expansion/cold feed pipe would fill tank if coil is leaking, wouldn`t expel from vent as any first year plumbing student knows, keep diggin` that hole. :rolleyes:

breakdown monkey, stick with multimeter. leave labour/installs to real Heating Engineers. ;)

When a system is heavily soiled, quite likely when it so bad that the cylinder has rotted away, the 15 mm feed is far from guaranteed to be free of obstructions.

When a system is heavily soiled, quite likely when it so bad that the cylinder has rotted away, the 15 mm feed is far from guaranteed to be free of obstructions.

Busted Mate. You know/ I know...... :oops: leave now whilst you have an ounce of credibility ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back