hot water is on all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can some one give me some advice please, i have just fitted a new three way valve to my system and rewired some parts. it all works ok but the hot water comes on even when the programmer is turned off. i used a wiring diagram that came with the programmer and cross refereced it with others that i downloded off the internet.
i would be most greatfull for any help. thanks Mike 19

Myson Appollo Fanfare Boiler, Boss BMPV28 valve, Lifestyle LP522 Programmer

Sponsored Links
Mike19 said:
Hi all, can some one give me some advice please, i have just fitted a new three way valve to my system...
What was the old valve Mike? Or are you adding one where there was none before?

...and rewired some parts.
Could you provide a bit more detail of what you did?

it all works ok but the hot water comes on even when the programmer is turned off.
Do you have a cylinder thermostat? If so, check the path of the feed to that stat and to the MZV.

Thanks for the quick responce Softus. The old valve was Honywell V4073A1062-7
it had BSP ports that had BSP to 28 mm converters in and an adapter plate on the valve head. I changed the valve to bring the system up to standard and the valve head wanted changing.The system has not been running right for some time. hot water and heating came on togeather.
I have checked the wiring path and it seems to be wired correctly
I rewired the programmer and the cyl stat.
I have an idea that i could be the over run themostat thats faulty.
Thanks Mike19.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back