Hot water, no heating. Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

So I need your expert advice.

I have an Ideal FF250, in an pumped system, with a header tank (though no overflow vent) and a HW cylinder. It's a heat-only sort of boiler. It has two honeywell two port valves, and has been connected to a tado.

On switching the heating back on, I've found it doesn't work, despite getting hot water. I've checked out the valve, and made sure that it's not stuck - but found that it doesn't receive a current when heating is switched on. I've ruled out the controller as the problem too by putting the CH to live (as instructed by the Tado guys).

That leaves me with the boiler. It will happily heat water, but doesn't make a sound on heating-only. Pump doesn't turn on, and there's no voltage to the CH valve. There was some air trapped in the system last year, following a drain down and refill, but the header is full.

Could this be the problem, or is there something else I'm missing that may be the cause?

Your help would be really appreciated - thanks.

J

Sponsored Links
hey 75pete

Thanks for the reply.

It's a Tado internet connected solution (so no click, but indication online that it's set to on at current temperature). I've been assured that the thermostat is sound, but I think shorting of CH circuit (connecting it to live) bypasses the thermostat anyway?

Sponsored Links
You need to check that you have voltage going to the brown wire on your heating valve. If not then you are looking at a problem with the controller or wiring.

.......and if you have and the motor fails to move, then it's your synchron motor.

Got a customer with one of those Tado things that hes installed himself on a glow worm last week.

Boiler happens to need a new pump and water pressure sensor but he wants me to check that chuffing Tado's wired right.

Glow worm boiler and the powers been off for a week on it. Just waiting for the PCB to blow the minute I power it back up; hes been warned.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back