Hot Water Not Getting Hot baxi 105e.. The Return!!

RANG TRANSCO......
THE MAN ARRIVED......
THE REGULATOR WAS REPLACED.....
AND WE NOW HAVE BOILING HOT WATER...... :D

SO... A BIG BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POSTED!!

(AND AS A BONUS THE SHOP EVEN LET ME RETURN THE PCB I BOUGHT... RESULT!!)

Sponsored Links
To be honest it is a basic fault that should have been found within fifteen mins if you had done basic checks an the first post after you mention readings baxpoti was straight onto it.... Always check the basics first and don`t look to deep into things.

newcomers said:
I had this exact same problem and the cure was to replace the pcb.

I don't think you had the exact same problem then!

I have had a quick scan through the many postings and there is one glaring error in the replies given by the OP.

He was repeatedly asked to state the working pressure at the boiler.

He kept on quoting a standing pressure of 30 mB.

I assume that he is some kind of gas trainee. In this case his tutors have seriously failed to teach him the relationship of the key gas pressures to be measured!

Having said that I repeatedly come across experienced people who measure working pressure at the meter by running a cooker hob instead of measuring the working pressure at the INLET to a boiler.

For trainees all that measures is working pressure at the meter!

The supply pipe to a boiler could be blocked or obstructed !

You dont know how then? By water, jointing compound, PTFE tape, plastic bits in pipe etc.

Another problem is that the supply to the meter can be blocked or obstructed. That can give normal 21 mb to a gas hob but fall to 2 mB if you try to run a 30 kW boiler!

Tony

Sponsored Links
He was repeatedly asked to state the working pressure at the boiler.

He kept on quoting a standing pressure of 30 mB.

I assume that he is some kind of gas trainee. In this case his tutors have seriously failed to teach him the relationship of the key gas pressures to be measured!

Your feedback as greatly appreciated however as you are being a tadge critical can i just point out a few things...

I got a hell of a lot of suggestions before ANY ONE acutally mentioned the working pressure. AND MOST DEFINATELY was not repeatedly asked to state the working pressure!
I am a Gas trainee and did overlook this working pressure which really should have been one of the first things to check but to be honest i wasnt the only one to overlook this as you can see by all of these posts!

PS: Isnt it strange how people criticise and say its such a basic thing to check yet never actually say anything till the problems been solved!!

neilyp said:
i wasnt the only one to overlook this as you can see by all of these posts!

PS: Isnt it strange how people criticise and say its such a basic thing to check yet never actually say anything till the problems been solved!!

Hopefully you have a learnt a valuable lesson here,
Always do your gas and electrical checks ..... everytime .... always

The people who have replied to you, are experienced and competent engineers (in the main) and would have carried out these tests as a matter of course, before doing anything else.

Nobodys criticizing you, just stating facts.

It's been a long drawn out problem, but we got there in the end.

Ok lets put it this way . You say you are a gas trainee, which implies you are not qualified yet , so should you actually have been working on this boiler without knowing how to do the basics. Running before we can walk. . Perhaps the guys who tried to help should have started at the begining and should have treated you as a DIYer. Not having a go at you but it went on for six weeks and was starting to cost a few quid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back