Hot Water Not Hot Enough!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can anyone help, im having problems with my hot water. I have a Worcester 24 cdi boiler, and when I put the hot water on the boiler does power up but the temp of the water is just not hot enough. The water is just right for my 3 year old daughter without putting any cold water in!!!

Is this an easy fix or do I have to call the experts in??

Please help im desperate for a nice Hot bath!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I will assume this boiler has a diverter valve fitted as I don't know worcesters intimately. When you run the hot tap feel the ch flow off the bottom of the boiler and if this is getting hot then it is the divertor valve stuck.

I will assume this boiler has a diverte valve fitted as I don't know worcesters intimately. When you run the hot tap feel the ch flow off the bottom of the boiler and if this is getting hot then it is the divertor valve stuck.

Im just a pen pusher and I have no idea whats what really, is that a major job??

Sponsored Links
24 cdi if a very good boiler, but the hot water supply is a bit limited.
2 dials on the boiler, 1 for radiators and 1 for the water, make sure that the water dial is near max. reduce the water flow when you fill up the bath to half the maximum flowrate. If that does the trick, it is simply a matter of drawing too much water. If the it does not do the trick, check if the boiler goes on and off. If so, your plate exchanger is sludged up.

or it could be the water flow is to high , this boiler should give a good temp of water with a flow rate of 9 liters a minute, is yours more than that ? if so slow the water rate down on your tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back