Hot water not hot enough!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I'm having trouble with my hot water, I'm struggling to get the hot water piping hot for a bath. I have a biasi 24s combi boiler. The c/h is great and really hot. I have tried messing with the cold water input backing that off slightly. Normally the hot water would be cold but if you backed off the hot tap so the water flow was reduced the water would come very hot after a few seconds, I cant even seem to do that now only warm water at best.

Any ideas

Ben

Sponsored Links
Im having this problem right now and untill the gasman comes on thursday ive found that running the hot tap on only a quarter turn and having the sink cold tap slowly running gives water hot enough for a bath.Its only a temp fix though.

Sponsored Links
It could also be caused by cold water by-passing through a shower valve with a defective non return valve (NRV). Do you have a shower valve? If so does turning the temp control fully to the cold position help?

Let the system cool down (pipes under the boiler that feed the rads are cold to touch and boiler is cold as well). Now run a hot tap and hold aforementioned pipes to see if they get hot.

It is possible the boiler is heating radiators as well as water resulting in tepid water. If this is the case, isolate one of the pipes mentioned above and see if the hot water delivery is improved.

When you run the hot water and keep your hand under the tap, is the temperature consistently warm or does it vary from hot to cold and back?

Thanks for the help. when the rads are hot or the heating been on for a while I get hot water. If the system is cold like on a morning or coming in from work the hot water is cold at best warm. I'm waiting for the plumer to come and service the boiler will give him a ring as he is waiting for the service kit. I have to also but heating on to light boiler as the diapham has gone so I suppose this won't help much. Just another thought could my heater exchanger be clogged up with lime scale? or is this fine due to the rads been hot?
Ben

blocked plate exchanger, is this an easy job or does it have to be done by corgi guy?

gas supply big enough if its 15mm hell say you need 22mm from the metre to boiler really any 22mm is ok to take a tee from but if the h/water is struggling then poor gas supply is very common

Heat exchanger looks clean! Waiting for it to cool down. Would getting the hover in there be a good idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back