Hot water not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Kingfisher II which heats radiators and water. I have recently replaced two radiators and naturally had to drain the system.
On putting it all back, the central heating works fine, but as far as the hot water is concerned, when the controller is set to water only the boiler does not fire up. The boiler does fire up for central heating.

Can you help me please ?

Sponsored Links
Kingfisher is a floor standing Conventional Boiler with a cylinder in airing cupboard..

Are you fully pumped and fully controlled ,, ie Y plan or S plan ?

This could really be a number of things. Valve, stat, programmer. Check if the valve opens and shuts when you call for heat, and see if the cylinder stat clicks when you turn it up or down

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your fast replies. The boiler is freestanding with tank in airing cupboard. I don't know whether it is y plan or s plan though. How do I tell ?

Also, since the last E mail, the pilot light has gone out and I can't relight it.
I think that I will have to call someone out anyway unless you can give me a pointer.

If not thanks for your assistanvce so far.

System probably has a lack of water in it ,, check small tank in loft has water in it ,, if it has then possible blockage in feed to heating from that tank...

Pilot not staying alight is a diff issue so yes youll need a RGI to have a look and replace parts..

Thanks for your fast replies. The boiler is freestanding with tank in airing cupboard. I don't know whether it is y plan or s plan though. How do I tell ?

Also, since the last E mail, the pilot light has gone out and I can't relight it.
I think that I will have to call someone out anyway unless you can give me a pointer.

If not thanks for your assistanvce so far.

if you have some of these View media item 668
if 2 of the left ones s plan

one of the right ones y plan

neither gravity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back